Earlier this week, the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL) elected AHCA’s Board of Governors and NCAL’s Board of Directors for the 2019/2020 term. Debbie Meade of Georgia was elected as AHCA Chair, and Helen Crunk of Nebraska was elected as NCAL chair.
“We are fortunate to have this caring, qualified group of leaders on our Boards,” said AHCA/NCAL President and CEO Mark Parkinson “Like most of our members, Debbie and Helen are in their buildings every day providing care to our residents. Their hands-on leadership and passion for our residents will guide us well for the next two years.”
Meade is CEO of Health Management in Warner Robins, Georgia. She is a third generation operator-owner with nearly 30 years of experience in the profession. She previously served as Vice Chair on AHCA’s Board of Governors.
The remaining members of AHCA’s 2019-2020 board include:
- Phil Fogg of Marquis Companies (Oregon), Vice Chair
- Phil Scalo of Bartley Healthcare (New Jersey), Secretary/Treasurer
- Michael Wylie of Genesis Healthcare, LLC (Pennsylvania), Immediate Past Chair
- Gary Kelso of Mission Health Services (Utah), Not-For-Profit Representative
- Mark Traylor of Traylor-Porter Healthcare (Alabama), Independent Owner Representative
- Steven Cavanaugh of ProMedica Continuing Care Services (Ohio), Multifacility Representative
- Fred Benjamin of Lexington Health Network (Illinois), Regional Multifacility Representative
- Joseph Mitchell of Summit Care II, Inc (Florida), At-Large Representative
- Derek Prince of HMG Healthcare, LLC (Texas), At-Large Representative
- Janet Snipes of Holly Heights Nursing Center (Colorado), At-Large Representative
- Julianne Williams of Dycora Transitional Health & Living (California), At-Large Representative and
- Chris Wright of iCare Health Network (Connecticut), At-Large Representative
The three ex-officio members on the AHCA Board of Governors include:
- Veronica Sharpe of the District of Columbia Healthcare Association (District of Columbia), Affiliated State Health Care Association (ASHCAE) Representative,
- Betsy Rust of Plante & Moran, PLLC (Michigan), Associate Business Member (ABM) Representative, and
- Helen Crunk of Pemberly Place (Nebraska), NCAL Representative.
NCAL also elected its Board of Directors today, including Crunk as its new chair. She is the executive director of Pemberly Place Management and Archer Place Medical Clinic, both in Lincoln, Neb. Crunk is a registered nurse with more than 25 years of experience in long term care and a two-time recipient of the NCAL Administrator of the Year Award. Crunk has served on the NCAL Board since 2011, as well on numerous committees at the national level. Additionally, she is a past chair of the Nebraska Assisted Living Association, a state affiliate of NCAL.
The remaining members of NCAL’s Board of Directors include:
- Gerald Hamilton of R&G Healthcare Management (New Mexico), Vice Chair
- Mark Maxfield of The Cottages, LCC (Idaho), Secretary/Treasurer
- Ashley Blankenship of StoneBridge Senior Living (Arkansas), Immediate Past Chair
- John Bolduc of Odd Fellows’ and Rebekahs’ Home of Maine (Maine), At-Large Representative
- Rod Burkett of Gardant Management Solutions (Illinois), At-Large Representative
- David Chensvold of Assisted Living Partners (Iowa), At-Large Representative
- Sue Coppola of Sunrise Senior Living (Virginia), At-Large Representative
- Randy Cyphers of Brookdale Senior Living (Oregon), At-Large Representative
- Lee Field of Senior Services of America (Washington), At-Large Representative
- Denise German of Medicalodges, Inc. (Kansas), At-Large Representative
- Barbara Mitchell of Magnolia Manor Senior Living (Georgia), At-Large Representative
- Sean Mockbee of View Point Senior Care, LLC (Arizona), At-Large Representative
- Mary Savoy of Forest Hills of DC (District of Columbia), At-Large Representative
- Sarah Silva of the Avamere Family of Companies (Oregon), At-Large Representative
- Gail Sheridan of Tealwood Senior Living (Minnesota), At-Large Representative
- Paul Wasser of Dominican Village (New York), At-Large Representative
- Doug Farmer of the Colorado Health Care Association, ASHCAE Representative
- David Voepel of the Arizona Health Care Association, ASHCAE Representative; and
- Shawn Scott of Medline Industries, ABM Representative.
The ex-officio members on the NCAL Board of Directors include Meade as the AHCA Chair and Fogg as the AHCA Vice Chair, as well as ASHCAE Vice President Heath Boddy of the Nebraska Health Care Association.
“The diverse group of expert providers on the NCAL Board will foster healthy discussions and meaningful actions,” said NCAL Executive Director Scott Tittle. “We are fortunate for their time and contributions to help elevate the entire assisted living profession.”
Members of the AHCA Board of Governors are elected by the association’s governing body, the Council of States. The NCAL Board of Directors is elected by current members of the NCAL Board and by NCAL State Leaders or the NCAL State Leader’s proxy. Both boards hold elections for their members at the AHCA/NCAL Annual Convention.