June is National Safety Month, an annual observance to educate and influence behaviors around leading causes of preventable injuries and deaths. Long-term care providers know that it is imperative to following safety standards to avoid costly injuries to residents or staff.
It’s also critically important to have a plan in place in the case of an emergency.
This July, WHCA/WiCAL will offer three emergency preparedness workshops around the state led by Ray Miller, Director of Risk & Safety Solutions at Direct Supply, and Dave Seebart, ASD, WHEPP.
Making “IT” Happen – A NIMS-Compliant, Emergency Plan (and the Needed Procedures)
The purpose of this course is to show how an Emergency Plan (E-Plan), standard procedure template, and sample Job Action Sheets may be applied to help LTC/AL facilities develop a National Incident Management System-compliant (NIMS-compliant) E-Plan with supporting procedures. The workshop will specifically cover:
- E-Plan Maintenance and implementation
- Facility emergency response organization
- How the elements of NIMS should be addressed
- Scope of rsponse actions taken by facility staff members
- Scope of response help from community response partners
Learning objectives include:
- UNDERSTAND the prupose of an E-Plan and its supporting procedures.
- EXPLAIN how the NIMS expectations should be included in an E-Plan AND how the E-Plan template can be organized and applied.
- APPLY the standard procedure templates to support the E-Plan AND the set of eight Incident Management Team, Job Action Sheet (JAS) samples.