The Wisconsin Director of Nursing Council, in order to promote long-term care nursing, is offering $2,000 scholarships for the 2020 school year. Their intention is to assist qualified people who wish to further their education and practice in the long-term care nursing profession.
There are two Nursing Scholarship Options for 2020:
- Wisconsin Director of Nursing Council Nursing Scholarship
- Debby Schuna Advanced Nursing Memorial Scholarship
Required Criteria for the WDONC Scholarship Applicants:
- The applicant must be a Wisconsin resident for the WDONC Nursing Scholarship only.
- For the Debby Schuna Advanced Nursing Memorial Scholarship must be enrolled in an accredited BSN, MSN or Ph.D. in Nursing Program
- The applicant must have present employment in a long-term care continuum organization located in Wisconsin.
- The applicant must sign the agreement to work in the long-term care continuum organization for at least two years after completing a nursing program if selected as the scholarship recipient (This is part of the application form).
- The applicant must have TWO online references forms submitted online. It is preferred that at least one of the references provided is from someone in a supervisory or leadership position of the scholarship applicant.
- Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
- Complete applications must be received no later than Jan. 6th, 2020 at 23:59 pm.
Click HERE to visit the Wisconsin DON Council website for more information and for the submission/recommendation forms.