The Wisconsin Health Care Association and the Wisconsin Center for Assisted Living (WHCA/WiCAL), a non-profit trade association that represents Wisconsin’s skilled nursing and assisted living facilities seeks a hard-working and experienced professional to serve as its Communications Director.
The position is responsible for internal and external communications for the association.
- Internal: Updating and maintaining the association’s WordPress website, production of a weekly e-newsletter, semi-annual magazine, member communications, and the Association’s social media outlets.
- External: Responding to press inquiries, media monitoring, drafting press releases, informational columns and letters to the editor.
Further develop and consistently maintain WHCA/WiCAL’s branding and marketing so as to ensure the most effective realization of mission of “Advocacy. Education. Excellence.” Implement strategic communications plan geared toward: events and external relations, member relations with association members, districts, legislators, key stakeholders, the press and the public.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, political science, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in communications-related profession.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective publication production management skills including proven skills in soliciting and compiling content, advertising coordination, layout, formatting, creative, graphic arts, writing and composition, editing, and proofreading.
- Ability to update website using content management system.
- Social media management skills including proficiency using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn, among other platforms.
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to conduct verbal presentations.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with members of the news media.
SALARY: Range $50-60,000 in annual compensation and may be adjusted higher for candidates with greater skills and experience. It is understood that because this is an exempt staff position, no overtime and/or compensatory time will be paid or accrued. Benefits include: 401k plan, health insurance coverage and paid parking. Six-month probationary period will be included.
Interested candidates should send one email containing all of the following information: resume, cover letter, and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make the subject line of your email “Job Application: (Your Name).”
DEADLINE: Friday, Jan. 15, 2016 at 5 p.m. (CST); applications reviewed on rolling basis. No phone calls, please.