With AHCA/NCAL’s support, Aon is again soliciting your help to assemble the facility-specific data necessary to conduct its annual Aon Benchmark Study on Professional Liability (PL) and General Liability (GL) costs in the Long Term Care (LTC) Provider industry. The 2018 Benchmark marks the 16th annual edition of the Aon Professional and General Liability Benchmark for Long Term Care Providers.
To participate in the 2018 Benchmark, access the Long Term Care Provider Data Call web page to download the consent form, instructions and data template. Similar to last year, we are asking for data to be submitted by CMS Provider Number so that we can examine liability costs by Five-Star Quality Rating.
The deadline for participation in the Aon Study is Monday, April 30, 2018.
The purpose of the Aon study is to:
- Identify the overall trends in the cost of GL/PL claims for long term care providers;
- Identify state specific trends in the cost of GL/PL claims for long term care providers;
- Identify trends in frequency and severity overall and on a state by state basis, including detail on Cook County, Illinois; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; and Miami-Dade County, Florida;
- Explore the impact of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) on GL/PL claims; and.
- Evaluate the relationship between liability experience and Five-Star Quality Rating.
Over the years, many AHCA/NCAL members have participated in this effort. There is no cost to participate and you will receive an advanced, complimentary electronic copy (PDF) of the report as soon as it is available in October 2018. Your participation is essential to ensure that the Aon analysis is representative of the profession, and that the states where you operate are profiled.
Note: Aon holds all data in confidence and no individual participant is identifiable in the study.
Participate in the 2018 Long Term Care Benchmark
To participate, access the Long Term Care Provider Data Call web page or enter aon.com/ltcreport into your browser. Click the button “Participate in the 2018 PL / GL Benchmark for LTC Providers” to register. Once registered, download the consent form, instructions and the data template. If you prefer not to use the web link, you can send the completed consent form and data directly to LTC.Benchmark@aon.com.
Thank you for your participation,
The LTC Benchmark Team
Kanika Vats, FCAS, MAAA, MBA
Aon Global Risk Consulting | Actuarial & Analytics
Christian Coleianne, FCAS, MAAA
Aon Global Risk Consulting | Actuarial and Analytics