May 7, 2021
National Skilled Nursing Care Week: Honoring Health Care Heroes and Those Who Rely on Skilled Nursing Care Providers
LeadingAge Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Health Care Association/Wisconsin Center for Assisted Living (WHCA/WiCAL) today encouraged all Wisconsin residents to recognize our elders and citizens of any age living with physical or intellectual disabilities who reside in skilled nursing care centers or receive care at home in Wisconsin, along with the dedicated caregivers, nurses, staff, and volunteers who provide that care… Read More.
April 19, 2021
Long-Term Care Providers Celebrate Careers in Aging Week
The Wisconsin Health Care Association and Wisconsin Center for Assisted Living’s (WHCA/WiCAL) national organization, the American Health Care Association and National Center for Assisted Living (AHCA/NCAL), has partnered with the Gerontological Society of America and other national long-term care trade associations to celebrate Careers in Aging Week, which kicked off Sunday, April 18… Read More.
March 8, 2021
WHCA/WiCAL Celebrates Long-Term Care Administrator’s Week
The Wisconsin Health Care Association/Wisconsin Center for Assisted Living (WHCA/WiCAL) today kicked off a weeklong celebration for National Long-Term Care Administrator’s Week, which will continue through Saturday, March 13… Read More.
February 9, 2021
WHCA/WiCAL: Gov. Evers’ Budget Proposal Invests in Providers and Caregivers
The Wisconsin Health Care Association and Wisconsin Center for Assisted Living (WHCA/WiCAL) today thanked Governor Evers for including significant increases in funding and support for the long-term care sector in his 2021-23 State Budget proposal… Read More.
Please contact WHCA/WiCAL Director of Communications Allison Cramer for more information.2020 Press Releases Archive
2020 Press Releases Archive
- WHCA/WiCAL Names Rick Abrams President & CEO (9-28-20)
- Assisted Living Communities Celebrate National Assisted Living Week (9-14-20)
- NBA Legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Gives Assist to Long-Term Care Provider Community (6-9-20)
- Wisconsin State Journal: Nursing Homes Need Help or More Will Close (5-15-20)
- Wisconsin Celebrates National Skilled Nursing Care Week Amid COVID-19 Crisis (5-11-20)
- Amid COVID-19 Pandemic, Skilled Nursing Facility Caregivers Serve Wisconsin’s Most Vulnerable Citizens on the Frontlines (5-9-20)
- WHCA/WiCAL Celebrates Careers in Aging Week (4-20-20)
- Long-Term Care Providers Applaud Passage of COVID-19 Relief Legislation (4-15-20)
- Supplies Needed at Local Long-Term Care Facilities (4-1-20)
- Wisconsin Provider Survey: Workforce Shortage Remains at Crisis Level (2-17-20)
- Long-Term Care Providers Across Wisconsin Support Veto Override of AB-76 (1-14-20)
2019 Press Releases Archive
- WHCA/WiCAL Announces Staff Changes (12-16-19)
- Assisted Living Communities Celebrate National Assisted Living Week (9-10-19)
- Long-Term Care Providers Applaud Funding Increase in State Budget (7-3-19)
- Joint Finance Committee Budget Supports Long-Term Care Providers (6-5-19)
- WHCA/WiCAL Announces MacKenzie Scholarship Recipients (4-29-19)
- Allison Cramer Hired as Communications and Government Relations Specialist (1-17-19)