Membership in Wisconsin Center for Assisted Living (WiCAL), the assisted living division of WHCA/WiCAL, is tremendously valuable for Wisconsin’s assisted living providers. We are the state affiliate of the National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL). Membership dues are $19 per bed/year (this includes both WiCAL & NCAL dues), and you get far more in tangible and intangible benefits for you dues. On this page you will find detailed information about the benefits of WiCAL membership, but please feel free to contact Jena Jackson, WiCAL’s Director of Development, or contact the WHCA/WiCAL offices directly at (608) 257-0125.
For your dues you receive:
- State and National Membership Benefits: Membership in both WiCAL and the National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL), our national partner in advocacy, information, resources and commitment to quality.
- Participation in WiCAL’s Performance Improvement in Assisted Living program: This program is intended to provide participating members with a solid foundation for performance improvement and operational success.
- Advocacy and Information: The legislative activity of recent years in the area of assisted living demonstrates the need for assisted living providers to have a strong voice in both Madison and Washington, and in 2019 you will see continued need for advocacy. In addition to important legislative advocacy, membership includes a wealth of advocacy at the regulatory advocacy which will be as important in the coming years as the DHS seeks to make the budget cuts to programs that are important to the LTC community. While other associations have been on the sidelines on issues that will shape the future direction of the ALF provider community, we have had multiple staff and members dedicated to advocating for members and the provider community as a whole.
- ALFs need a strong voice, from experienced staff to speak on their behalf: WHCA/WiCAL provides that voice. Members are regularly provided updates on issues and information impacting their operations and profession. In addition to the weekly and special newsletters, members enjoy the opportunity to participate in monthly membership calls for more in-depth discussions of the issues they face.
- Education: WHCA/WiCAL has over 65 years of experience providing educational resources and programs for members. Members enjoy discounted fees for seminars and conventions. These are in addition to the free webinars and resources that are provided by WiCAL and NCAL.
- Networking, Marketing and Professional Growth Opportunities: With WHCA/WiCAL having a diverse membership of nursing homes, CBRFs, RCACs, AFHs and vendors/businesses, members are able to learn and network with professional throughout the provider community continuum.
- Group Purchasing Opportunities: WHCA/WiCAL has a strategic alliance with UHF Group Purchasing. Members are able to access this GPO and save on the goods and products for their operations. For the modest cost of $1.00 per bed charge, per year, members are able to participate in the GPO. Join now and start saving.
For more information on becoming a WiCAL member, please contact WiCAL’s Director of Development, Jena Jackson. Your dues go far with WiCAL. You need a strong voice and source of information and education as the year progresses.
Join WiCAL today!