This 1.25 hour webinar will review best practices to decrease potential billing errors and promote accurate reimbursement for PDPM claims through internal interdisciplinary auditing processes. Key roles of interdisciplinary team members in completion of a collaborative triple check process and key data collection, billing, and monitoring process pertinent to PDPM will be emphasized.
- Review best practices for internal audit of PDPM claims prior to submission to decrease potential billing errors and promote accurate reimbursement
- Identify key roles of the interdisciplinary team in completion of a collaborative triple check process of items/data elements impacting PDPM reimbursement
- Review key data collection, billing and monitoring processes important to PDPM reimbursement accuracy including but not limited to understanding the updated HIPPS codes and validating UB-04 accuracy prior to submission.
- 1:30 Updating internal billing accuracy processes to ensure validation of key PDPM reimbursement criteria
- 1:45 Roles and responsibilities of interdisciplinary team members in the triple check process
- Administrator, Business Office, Nursing, RAI Nurse Coordinator, Therapy, Medical Records
- 2:15 Understanding updated HIPPs codes
- Key data validation, billing and monitoring processes
- Compliance risks & using a QAPI framework to address them
- 2:30 Q&A
- 2:45 Closing Comments
Target Audience: Owners and Corporate Teams, Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, Nurse Managers, Nursing Home Administrators, Nursing staff and leaders, Quality Assurance Director, Medical Records, MDS staff, Therapy staff, Business Office and Finance
Instructional Level: Intermediate Contact Hours: 1.25