[REGISTRATION FORM BELOW]
This 1.25 hour webinar will review SNF Compliance and Ethics Program requirements effective with phase 3 of the Requirements of Participation on November 28, 2019. This session will emphasize developing or updating the SNF Compliance and Ethics Program to meet all required phase 3 components per the final rule. Guidance on effective day to day implementation strategies and operating the program will be provided. A program implementation checklist and risk assessment tool will be shared with participants.
- Understand the key components of Phase 3 Compliance and Ethics Programs and actions to achieve the requirements.
- Gain knowledge in the assessment of compliance vulnerabilities for the post-acute provider setting.
- Identify practical operational and compliance program activities to promote ethical and compliance practice and respond to potential violations.
- Shelly Maffia, MSN, MBA, RN, LNHA, QCP, Clinical Consultant
- Amie Martin, OTR/L, CHC, RAC-CT, Clinical Consultant
- Eleisha Wilkes, RN, RAC-CT
1:30 SNF Ethics & Compliance Program Fundamentals
Purpose/Voluntary Compliance Benefits
1:40 Required Components Phase 3 with Action Planning
– Written Standards
– Oversight, Resources & Authority
– Communication of Standards/Training
– Reasonable Steps to Achieve Compliance
– Auditing & Monitoring
– Reporting Systems
– Disciplinary Standard Enforcement
– Violation Response Plan
2:30 5 or More Facility Requirements
2:45 Closing Comments
Target Audience: Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, Nurse Managers, Nursing Home Administrators, Nursing staff and leaders, Quality Assurance Director, Medical Records, MDS staff, Therapy staff