This 1.25 hour webinar will focus on the fundamentals of QAPI and incorporating the 5 QAPI elements into existing continuous quality improvement (CQI) facility quality programs. Self-assessment for goal setting, the QAPI written plan, policies and procedures, and leadership’s role in accountability for QAPI programs will be emphasized.
- Describe the fundamentals of QAPI programs
- Understand the 5 elements of QAPI for nursing facilities
- Describe a process for establishing priority QAPI goals based on facility specific assessment.
- Understand the governing body and administrative role in development and sustenance of a QAPI culture and maintaining accountability for safety and quality in balance with resident rights and choice.
- 1:30 – QAPI fundamentals and the 5 elements
- Design and Scope
- Governance and Leadership
- Feedback, Data Systems and Monitoring
- Performance Improvement Projects (PIPs)
- Systematic Analysis and Systemic Actions
- 2:00 – Leadership responsibility and accountability
- 2:15 – Identifying facility quality improvement opportunities and prioritizing performance improvement objectives
- Data collection and use
- Root cause analysis and PIP framework resources
- 2:30 – Driving change
- Staff training for QAPI awareness and team focused improvement
- Sustaining improvement
- 2:45 – Closing Comments/ Q&A
Target Audience: Directors of Nursing, Assistant Directors of Nursing, Nurse Managers, Nursing Home Administrators, Nursing staff and leaders, Quality Assurance Directors
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Contact Hours: 1.25