On Friday, September 16, 2016 CMS published the final rule, Emergency Preparedness Requirements for Medicare and Medicaid Participating Providers and Suppliers, to the Federal Register. The rule will impact skilled nursing facilities and intermediate care facilities for individuals with intellectual disabilities (ICF/IID). See the final rule published in the Federal Register here.
WHCA/WiCAL has developed the following page to serve as a clearing house for any resources for members on the Emergency Preparedness Rule. Please be sure to check back to this pages as it will be updated frequently with additional tools, resources, and information.
The following links contain documents outlining the official Emergency Preparedness Final Rule made by the Department of Health and Human Services on September 16, 2016. Links to the Emergency Preparedness Interpretive Guide also follow, as well as summaries and resource grids.
- Emergency Preparedness Final Rule
- Emergency Preparedness Interpretive Guide (IG)
- AHCA Emergency Preparedness Summary & Resource Grid (pdf)
- AHCA Brief Summary of EP Guidance
- CMS Emergency Preparedness- Updates to Appendix Z of the State Operations Manual (SOM) (QSO 19-06-ALL – Dated Feb 1, 2019)
- CMS Emergency Preparedness Interpretive Guidelines (Appendix Z)
- CMS E-Tags and Surveyor Guidance for SNF Emergency Preparedness (Excel)
The following webpages provide additional resources regarding emergency response and recovery. The first link is specific for long term care facilities.
- CMS and Disasters: Resources at Your Fingertips
- HHS TRACIE LTC EP Website
- CMS Emergency Response and Recovery webpage
- DHS Emergency Response and Recovery webpage
- CMS Emergency Preparedness Website
- Active Shooter Emergency Planning Guide
- AHCA Summary of Interpretive Guidance for Emergency Preparedness
- Assisted Living Emergency Preparedness Guide 2015
- CMS-Online-Training-for-Emergency-Preparedness September 2017
- DHS Wisconsin LTC Emergency Prep ToolKit
- Emergency Preparedness Educational Slides
- Hazardous Vulnerability Assessment Tool
- Hazardous Vulnerability Assessement Instruction
- HVA Educational Slides
- Michigan Emergency Preparedness Plan Template
- Shelter In Place Guidebook_Final
- WI Adminstrative Activity Procedure Template
- WI Emergency Preparedness Template